These introduction tutorials will guide you through most of the features of the software.
All the tutorials use the same example dataset, described on this page.
This tutorial dataset (EEG and MRI data) remains property of the Grenoble University Hospital, France. Its use and transfer outside the ImaGIN tutorial, e.g. for research purposes, is prohibited without written consent. For questions, please contact Olivier David, PhD (email@example.com).
The acquisition methodology is described in the following articles:
David O, Blauwblomme T, Job AS, Chabardès S, Hoffmann D, Minotti L, Kahane P
Imaging the seizure onset zone with stereo-electroencephalography
Brain. 2011 Oct;134(10):2898-911
Lamarche F, Job AS, Deman P, Bhattacharjee M, Hoffmann D, Gallazzini-Crépin C, Bouvard S, Minotti L, Kahane P, David O
Correlation of FDG-PET hypometabolism and SEEG epileptogenicity mapping in patients with drug-resistant focal epilepsy
Epilepsia. 2016 Dec; 57(12):2045–2055
This dataset includes recordings for a patient that was not reported in the above article, but are part of the same study. The patient presents a focal epilepsy of the left temporo-occipital junction, MRI-negative, and was implanted in the surrounding areas. The subfolder "seeg" contains the recordings of three seizures, all of them showing a propagation of high-frequency oscillations from the lesion towards the temporal lobe, bilaterally.
How to get the example dataset:
- Download zip: https://gin11-git.ujf-grenoble.fr/ftract_dev/ImaGIN_datasets/tree/master/tutorial_epimap
- Unzip on your computer, rename to "tutorial_epimap"
Files included in this package:
- anat/MRI/3DT1*_deface.nii: Subject MRI before and after implantation, de-identified with FreeSurfer's mri_deface
- anat/MRI/brainvisa: Cortical surface extracted with BrainVISA 4.5
- anat/implantation/*.txt: Positions of the sEEG contacts in various formats (MNI coordinates or patient coordinates)
- seeg/SZ*.TRC: Seizure recordings in Micromed format, one seizure per file
Follow the step-by-step instructions in these tutorial pages:
- Electrodes positions
- Importing and pre-processing
- Epileptogenicity maps
- Analysis in patient space
- Bad channels detection
Note that another tutorial is available to process the same dataset in the Brainstorm environment.
The script corresponding to this analysis is on our git server: